Thursday, March 26, 2015
5 reasons we are excited about our new kickstarter campaign, and why others should look at (and support) the said campaign :
1. we are very proud to be reissuing on LP a cdr that has been an huge inspiration the last few years; asphodel’s aokigahara, the black sea of trees. it is one hell of a release, and to put it on wax with newly inspired graphics and photography is an exciting moment in the history of the label.
2. to be finally issuing the new record by ingenting kollektiva : an anatomy of melancholy. this record was commissioned back in 2010 by a UK LP label that sadly never got off the ground. over the last 5 years the kollektiva has added and subtracted much material, mostly concentrating on it in 2014. the music is a very different experience than the previous two releases.
3. to be working with the 2 very exciting and under appreciated visual artists, tarrl lightowler and zacharias kether. mr. lightowler did the album art for the asphodel release and mr. kether did the album art for ingenting. also, mr. kether has agreed to do an edition of 10 drawings for the release, normally in a gallery these would sell for a not so small amount, but because of his enthusiasm for the label, mr. kether has agreed to sell them for much less so we can get our records into existence.
4. the label has been around since 2008 and getting the money to put out releases has been daunting, and frankly, not very interesting. we decided we were either going to close the doors or go for broke and issue 2 high-end releases where we spared no expense. we are very confident that these un-fledged birds will learn to fly!
5. we commissioned the foremost erich zann scholar from poland; wtameht wszyienski, to do our voice over in the kickstarter video. a year ago when we mentioned on this blog being inspired by erich zann; and especially his relation to memory and music's memory of music, we received a letter in the mail from mr. wszyienski, saying he was in full support of our cause and would do whatever needed. still have yet to read his scholarship, as it is in a language we cannot read, yet there is a deep appreciation for his spirit, which is always present with him, in each correspondence. it was a dream come true to finally hear his voice, and we are very happy to have him on board.
one thing he mentioned to us is in a letter : "these years of being able to access memory with little effort; it is fine. i find in zann a period where memory is something you try your entire life to access, and when you finally locate it; you find you have been dreaming.... these are the memories i am interested in, and that you seem to be my friend of non existent memories!"
Friday, March 20, 2015
- alio die - tempus rei - hic sunt leones - 2008
drones, loops, zither, field recordings
- antoine beuger - cantor quartets - another timbre - 2013
- antoine beuger | konzert minimal - tschirtner tunings for twelve - another timbre - 2014
- black vines - bv - fluid audio - 2014
- andrew chalk - bright rivers run / shimmer in the sun - meditations - 2015
- dark matter halo - the hermetic drone volumes 1 and 2 - 2013
dark drones by monte cimino
- gareth dickson - invisible strings - 2014
this is the kiss
it is all there is
take it, it's for you
only now you don't exist
you hear the void insist
what kind of choice is this?
- alemayehu eshete - alemayehu eshete - mississippi/change records - 2012
- alain goraguer - la planete sauvage - superior viaduct - 2014
- howlround - the ghosts of bush - the fog signals - 2012
was created entirely using the natural acoustic sounds of bush house, the iconic home for the past seven decades of the bbc world service which closed its doors for the last time on july 12th 2012. all of the sounds were captured in the small hours of the morning in empty offices, corridors, stairwells and other hidden corners by a studio manager working overnight. these recordings were then dubbed onto quarter-inch tape in the basement studio deep in the bowels of the south-east wing using two of the surviving reel-to-reel machines.
- jóhann jóhannsson & bj nilsen - i am here - ash international - 2014
featuring hildur guðnadóttir
- thomas köner - tiento de las nieves - denovali records - 2014 (on lp)
"love is life’s snow. it falls deepest and softest into the gashes left by the fight
whiter and purer than snow itself. what is life without love? it is like this ice
a cold, bare, rugged mass, the wind driving it and rending it and then forcing it together again, nothing to cover over the open rifts, nothing to break the violence of the collisions, nothing to round away the sharp corners of the broken floes
nothing, nothing but bare, rugged drift-ice."
fridtjof nansen 'farthest north : being the record of a voyage of exploration of the ship fram 1893-96, and of a fifteen months' sleigh journey'
- catherine lamb - three bodies (moving) - another timbre - 2012
- john lely - anton lukoszevieze - the harmonics of real strings - another timbre - 2014
- stephan mathieu - nachtstücke - schwebung - 2015
recordings of an entropic process set up in the historic baths of saint georges, rennes/france & a track recorded in buenos aires and features cassette loops by federico durand
- my cat is an alien, jüppala kääpiö - black blossom - omnimemento - 2014
- jüppala kääpiö - landing clouds - omnimemento - 2014
- kodama - phxa - omnimemento - 2014
- nazoranai - the most painful time happens only once has it arrived already... ? - ideologic organ - 2014
- tomonari nozaki - the fall of icarus - taâlem - 2014
- else marie pade - electronic works 1958-1995 - important records - 2014
- pink floyd - pompeii - akropolis - 2012 lp reissue
- steinbrüchel - parallel landscapes - 12k - 2014
- valerio tricoli - miseri lares - pan - 2008
includes writings by dante, guido ceronetti, h.p. lovecraft, e.m. cioran, along with excerpts from the ecclesiastes from member of 3/4hadbeeneliminated
- jana winderen - out of range - touch - 2014
based on ultrasound and echolocation used by bats, dolphins and other creatures who operate beyond the range of human hearing
- various - wandelweiser und so weiter - another timbre - 2012
entry title from agnes martin
the present, however it is, cannot be poetic; and the poetic, in one way or another, always turns out to consist in the distant, the undefined, the vague
giacomo leopardi, from zibaldone
(found on page 379 of canti, notes)
Thursday, March 5, 2015
live at turn! turn! turn! portland oregon
8 ne killingsworth St
sunday, march 15 at 8:00pm
seth nehil & kelly rauer
ingenting kollektiva (w/ members of mount analogue and silver bough)